Selection and delivery of a cloud procurement system.
The FourPL team assisted ALH Group in the initial evaluation and selection of competing procurement solutions and were engaged to project manage the implementation of the new system across all 320 venues. ALH Group selected Coupa’s cloud procurement and inventory solution and have now completed a successful implementation.
“FourPL take the time to understand our business, listen to our requirements and deliver on ALH objectives with a flexible, frank and pragmatic approach.” Ian McLeod – National IT Manager, ALH Group
Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group (ALH Group) operate over 320 licensed venues and more than 550 retail liquor outlets across Australia. ALH Group are a market leader offering a diverse array of hospitality experiences including electronic gaming, sports bars, bistros, restaurants, cafes, retail liquor, accommodation, nightclubs and wagering.
The legacy solution had the following challenges:
- High total cost of ownership.
- Functional deficiencies in supplier relationship management, rebate and pricing capabilities.
- Poor controls and transparency in the payment and authorisation process.
- Scalability and ease of use.
- Replace the existing system with a streamlined, cost-effective solution.
- Interface to ALH Group’s accounting system.
- Realise process efficiencies and cost savings.
FourPL provided the project manager and business analysts to work collaboratively with the ALH Group project team to deliver Coupa. This involved defining the business processes in the system, ensuring a successful pilot implementation and supporting the rollout to all ALH Group venues. The project timeline was five months from the design workshops to the first venues going live, with rollout to all venues completed in a further three months.
Implementation of ALH Group procurement processes required integration with Great Plains. The FourPL and Coupa teams conducted data modelling workshops to map process flows between Coupa and Great Plains to ensure a seamless integration.
The following phases were undertaken to implement the project:
Existing Supplier Review:
- Assess current spend per supplier in the existing systems
- Determine supplier suitability for purchasing system
- “Cleanse” applicable supplier data for loading into Coupa.
“To-Be” Process Definition Phase:
- Document key proposed processes.
Design and Build Phase:
- Confirm business requirements
- Confirm “To-Be” processes with Subject Matter Experts
- Configure Coupa
- Define master data and transactional data mappings between Coupa and Great Plains
System test configured application.
- Supplier enablement
- Implement configured and customised system
- Set up master data and transactional data integration between Coupa and Great Plains
- Perform application User Acceptance Testing.
- Conduct end user training, prior to each state going live
- Provide post go-live support to live venues.
- Streamlined and standardised purchasing processes across all ALH Group venues.
- Better spend visibility and tracking to budget.
- Lower maintenance and infrastructure costs.
- Improved compliance with the implementation of approval to purchase process, 3 way matching (PO-Receipt- Invoice), and better controls and transparency.
- 100% electronic transmission of purchase orders and invoices across 105 suppliers and 1200 users.
- Improved supplier management through contract compliance and supplier network.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Pragmatic approach to project management and delivery.
- Accurate capture of the current and future business requirements.
- Clear requirements and deliverables to position the project for success.
- Quick deployment.
- Breadth of knowledge in procurement, supply chain and purchasing processes.
- Expert, independent advice in procurement system selection.
- Ability to translate the business requirements into specific supplier requirements.
- Resources to provide the services to deliver the chosen solution.
FourPL contact for more information: